OUR MISSION & VALUES
The Museum’s governing document states that our charitable purpose is:
To provide and maintain a Centre or Centres in the South East of England for the exhibition to the public of specimens of machinery, equipment, buildings and inventions of whatever nature of historical or educational interest and such other objects of the fine and useful arts, archaeology and geology including techniques of industrial military and planning processes, rural arts, crafts and industry and other activities showing human creativity of a historical or educational interest.
Amberley Museum showcases and preserves the rural, transport, industrial and communications history of the south of England for the learning and enjoyment of today’s visitors and future generations. We engage with the community, providing opportunities for volunteers to support the Museum’s goals and enjoy the associated social environment.
Amberley Museum aspires to engage people in discovering and learning about Southern England’s working past, inspired by our nationally important collections.
- Preserving the heritage and ambience of Amberley
- Ensuring high standards of collection care
- Providing an engaging visitor experience for both adults and children
- Being adaptable and supportive
- Encouraging learning and discovery
- Becoming a sustainable organisation and lowering our carbon footprint