RURAL TELEPHONE EXCHANGE

This building was used as a fuel store when the Museum was a quarry and lime burning works. As it was similar in appearance to the type of building used by the Post Office from the early 1930s for small rural telephone exchanges, it was modified to provide a working exhibit.

The internal equipment came from the Coolham exchange which was being modernised. The equipment on display is working and provides the Museum with its internal telephone system.

Our Supporters

FIND US

Amberley Museum
New Barn Road,
Amberley,
Near Arundel,
West Sussex,
BN18 9LT

CONTACT US

tel:+44 (0) 1798 831370

office@amberleymuseum.co.uk

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

FIND US

Amberley Museum
New Barn Road,
Amberley,
Near Arundel,
West Sussex,
BN18 9LT

Our Supporters

Photography Credits

Privacy Policy 

Terms & Conditions

CONTACT US

tel:+44 (0) 1798 831370

office@amberleymuseum.co.uk

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA