Spring Industrial Trains
16 April 2023
A day showcasing the Museum’s collection of trains!
What can visitors see and do at this event?
- Ride on the industrial passenger trains, including the Wickham petrol railcar, coordinated throughout the day
- Watch and photograph a selection of industrial locomotives haul historic wagons around the Museum’s narrow-gauge railway.
- Get a great view of the tracks and capture that special shot by standing up on our ‘Ranger Bridge’ to watch the trains going back and forth
- Ride on a classic or historic bus
- Watch the Road Machines contractor’s monorail system being demonstrated
- Talk to the Railway Volunteers about the history of the Amberley railway or about volunteering in the Rail Group
Tickets must be pre-booked online for this event.
Date & Times
16 April 2023
Usual opening times: 10am – 4:30pm
Museum General Admission.
Train and bus rides are included for no extra cost.
Why Pre-book Tickets?
Our car park can reach full capacity on event days, so we ask everyone to pre-book their admission ticket to help us manage numbers in the car park.
Members and volunteers can pre-book complimentary tickets at no charge through the same booking system.
If there are no tickets available for your chosen day, the event is fully booked so we recommend not making a special journey as we cannot guarantee that you will be able to visit.
Amberley Museum is located in the heart of the South Downs National Park. Often referred to as multiple museums in one, the Museum has over 20 exhibition areas.
The Limeburners Cafe will be open for lunches and snacks, ice creams and hot drinks are also available. There are also outdoor picnic areas.
Well behaved dogs on short leads are welcome.
All activities are subject to change.