Sunday 15th March
Sunday 22nd March
Wednesday 1st April
Solve the riddles, spot the April Fool’s joke and see the owls flying.
Welcome to Amberley Museum
Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre is a 36 acre site set in the South Downs National Park.
Dedicated to the industrial heritage of the South East, exhibits include a narrow-gauge railway and bus service (both provide free nostalgic travel around the site), Connected Earth telecommunications hall, electricity hall, printing workshop and much more.
The Museum is also home to traditional crafts people, such as the blacksmith and potter. Visitors can enjoy hot and cold refreshments in the Limeburners and purchase souvenirs and books in the gift shop.
Please click here for the 2015 leaflet.
www.facebook.com/amberleymuseum to enter, where you can win tickets to our ever popular Santa Special event. But be quick, it closes on 17th November. See the Facebook post for full details.
Key: Click on a number in the map to reveal further information.
- 01. Bagging Shed & No1 Kilns
- 02. Peppers' Office & Hayloft Function Room
- 03. Ironmonger's Shop
- 04. Machine Shop
- 05. Print Workshop
- 06. Road Steam, Stationary Engines & Humphrey's Barn
- 07. Wireless Exhibition
- 08. Rural Telephone Exchange
- 09. Broom-Makers Hut
- 10. Tools & Trades History Society Building
- 11. Arundel Gin Building / Foundry
- 12. Nature Hut
- 13. Woodturner's Shop
- 14. Steam Crane & Timberyard
- 15. Green Wood Village
- 16. Life and Lime at Amberley
- 17. De Witt Kilns
- 18. Pottery
- 19. Brickyard Drying Shed
- 20. Hove Ticket Office
- 21. Betchworth Hall
- 22. Quarry Tunnel AKA Mainstrike Mine
- 23. Narrow-Gauge Railway Exhibition & Railway Workshop
- 24. Railway Exhibition & Conservation Hall
- 25. Electricity Hall
- 26. Connected Earth Telecommunications Hall
- 27. Municipal Engine House
- 28. Wheelwrights' Yard
- 29. Wheelwrights' Shop
- 30. Village Garage
- 31. Southdown Bus Garage
- 32. Walking-Stick Maker's Hut
- 33. Fairmile Cafe
- 34. Fire Station
- 35. Water-Pumping Display
- 36. Dover Cottage Pump House
- 37. No. 2 Kilns
- 38. Friends' Centre
- 39. Paviors' Museum of Roadmaking
- 40. Storrington Bus Garage
- 41. No. 1 Kilns, Upper Level
- 42. Bagmender's Shed & Cobblers
- 43. Locomotive Shed & Smithy
- 45. Brockham Shelter